TP is pleased to present the Diploma in Security and Fire Safety Studies. This diploma is made up of 5 MCs and these MCs are:
- Introductory Management 1
- Introductory Management 2
- Security Business Studies
- Security Studies 1
- Fire Safety Management & Security
Each MC can be completed in 6 months (or 1 semester), with a certificate issued upon successful completion. The 5 MCs can be combined, leading to a TP’s new Diploma in Security and Fire Safety Studies if the MCs are completed within a period of 2.5 to 5 years.
CET Qualification Award (CQA)
We are also pleased to share with you that subsidised part-time Singaporean students who graduate from their first full diploma qualification from 1 March 2011 will receive a CET Qualification Award of S$1,000 upon graduation, as long as it is a higher qualification than other full qualifications that the students had attained previously.
Singapore Citizen trainees who already have a full-time diploma or full-time & part-time degree will not qualify for the CET Qualification Award of $1,000 upon the completion of their part-time diploma programme.
The field of private security continues to grow and face greater challenges in the knowledge-based economy. This course is designed for personnel in the security/estate management industry who wish to upgrade themselves in security and fire safety knowledge and in related generic skills. Holders of the DSFSS are eligible to take up appointments as Fire Safety Managers of buildings under the Fire Safety Act.
MC1 – Certificate in Introductory Management 1
20 October 2014
6 months per Modular Certificate (MC).
3 times a week, 7pm to 10pm on weekdays and/or 9am to 12pm on Saturdays.
29 June 2014
Course Fee Per MC
|Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) Recipients*||$170|
|SME-Coy sponsored Singapore Citizens**||$330|
|(nett fee payable inclusive of GST)|
*Please refer to www.workfare.sg for more information on WTS.
**Singapore Citizen employees of SMEs who are sponsored by their employers can enjoy a MOE enhanced funding level of 90% of cost for their first part-time diploma course.
***Singapore Citizen trainees can enjoy a MOE subsidy for their first part-time diploma programme at the prevailing funding rate of 70% of cost, regardless of any government subsidies previously received from participating in full-time diploma or full-time & part-time degree courses. MOE subsidy will not be applicable for students who repeat a module or semester.
****Singapore Permanent Resident trainees can enjoy a MOE subsidy for their first part-time diploma course, at the prevailing rate of 60% of course, regardless of the subsidy consumed in their previous full-time diploma courses. This is subject to them not having previously attained a qualification at the diploma or higher level that was subsidised through a MOE subsidy or Government sponsorship.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- 3 GCE 'O' Level passes or equivalent with at least 3 years of relevant working experience OR
- Higher NITEC with at least 1 year of relevant working experience OR
- NITEC with GPA >= 3.5 and with at least 2 years of relevant working experience OR
- Higher NITEC in Technology/Service with at least 1 year of relevant working experience and successful completion of bridging programme conducted by ITE OR
- NITEC in Technology/Service with GPA ≥ 3.5 with at least 2 years of relevant working experience and successful completion of bridging programme conducted by ITE OR
- Relevant WSQ qualification or equivalent (by sector, programme &/or level), with at least 3 years of relevant working experience; and Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) at Level >= 6 for English and Mathematics.
Appointment as Fire Safety Manager
Information on the above can be found on these websites:
Application Procedures & Enquiries
Submit on-line application via:
Professional Development Centre
(South Wing Block 26B, Level 1, Unit 49)
21 Tampines Ave 1
8.30 am to 7.00 pm (Mon to Fri)
Closed on Sat, Sun & Public Holidays
Tel: 6788 1212
Fax: 6788 1475
Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fee, amend any other information or cancel course with low enrolment.
Last updated 14 April 2014